[Review] 🌿 Peripera Ink Lasting Mint Cushion! 🌿

6:36 pm


So from my recent haul from eBay, I purchased the Peripera Ink Lasting Mint cushion!!

This is my first cushion from Peripera. I'm not quite sure what drawn me to wanting to try this. Perhaps I was interested in trying something that would reduce the redness on my skin as well as finding a new cushion that my skin would love!

The Ink Lasting series comes in 3 types of cushions. Mint, Pink, and Lavender.

Image from Amazon
You can determine which cushion fits you the best by checking this guide out!

This cushion contains natural green ingredients to help with sebum control such as:
  • Tea tree
  • Peppermint
  • Centella 
  • Boswellia 
This cushion claims to keep your skin looking silky smooth with complexion correcting effects of a mint primer! 
It also has:
  • Blurring features that help with red blemishes and uneven skin tones.
  • Have an ink-lasting power oil-free of up to 6 hours!
  • Provides a seamless matte coverage with one layer.
The cushion comes in a small and simple box without a refill. 






 The packaging is very cute and simple! It's in a pastel mint colour. The case material is a little on the cheap side compared to other cushion packaging.


 It's got a cute mint coloured puff with polka dots.


Just like other cushions, it's got a protective film you need to remove before use.
This cushion comes in 3 shades: #1 Ivory, #2 Beige, and #3 Sand. 
Image from Seoulcheap.com

I got my cushion in the darkest shade which is #3 in sand. 


My first impression is that the shade seems to match my skin well however, the coverage isn't very high and it didn't really cover up my blemishes that well without concealer. If I were to try to build the coverage, it would become cakey which I dislike. 


Eyeliner test! (without the foundation)

With one layer of the cushion
When I was applying the foundation, it was a little difficult to blend into my skin (it left streaks which took a while to blend out). Rather than having my skin absorb the foundation, it felt like it was just sitting on top of my skin.


It has a semi-matte to matte finish which is great for people with oily skin but the formula seems a little drying even though I have oily skin, it made my skin looked dry and flakey. I could see it flaking up around the nose area but perhaps moisturizing in areas that tend to be more dry will help with this problem. 

I had the foundation on during work for about 5 hours and I would say it held up pretty well. the only downside is that the formula does make it feel like I wearing something. It's not super heavy but it's not lightweight either.

  • The cushion is affordable, around $16 CAD ($12 USD)
  • 3 different shades
  • It has nice ingredients for acne prone skin


  • Coverage isn't very high nor does it cover up blemishes that well
  • Feels a little heavy/cakey on the skin
  • A bit drying causing foundation to look flakey
I wouldn't repurchase this cushion. It's not the worst I've used but it's not great either. I'm pretty sure there are better cushions out there than this. Hoping to try out the Etude House AC cushion because I've heard great things about it and it seems to have a similar concept to this cushion.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Recent posts

Search